From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Friedrich, Oliver
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 03:37
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] preprocessor variable $(var.Build)

Well, seems like $(Configuration) is set by Votive, but inside the WiX-code I can not access it?

With : <Property Id='MyProp' Value=$(Configuration)/>
I get the Errormessage:

Error 1 Ill-formed preprocessor variable 'Configuration'.  Variables must have a prefix (like 'var.', 'env.', or 'sys.') and a name at least 1 character long. Z:\Projects\Aldi - Intranet\EwsSetup\Features\Ews_Mmc.wxs 5 1 EwsSetup

Those three throw "Undefined preprocessor variable":
<Property Id='MyProp' Value=$(var.Configuration)/>
<Property Id='MyProp' Value=$(sys.Configuration)/>
<Property Id='MyProp' Value=$(env.Configuration)/>

On the properties of the .wixproj in the linker tab, there I can set userdefined variables, there I added "Configuration=$Configuration" but even then, I can not access this variable like above inside my WiX-code.

Oliver