Sorry when I said it complains I mean it is giving me the same error.  I
don't do either of those methods to run the MSI, since I need my wrapper
project to be able to grap and set properties in the msi I have been using
MsiOpenPackageEx(MSI_PATH, 0, &g_hInstall); then calling
MsiDoAcitonA(g_hInstall, "INSTALL");