I second this request... is there a way of setting (modifying or adding
to) permissions of an already existing folder (not created by the
install) instead of resetting all the permissions on that folder?

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Will Qian
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 3:16 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Modifying permissions instead of setting them

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me with a Wix issue.  Please
redirect if this is the wrong alias

Is there some way that I can modify the permissions of a folder instead
of just setting them?  For example, I've got an existing folder with:

Admin:  Full Control

Power Users: Read

Network Service: Read

I've want to set permissions so that:

Admin:  Full Control

Network Service:  Full Control

So, the resulting dir should end up:

Admin:  Full Control

Power Users:  Read

Network Service:  Full Control

When I put <permission> elements under <CreateFolder>, they seem to
trump all the existing permissions instead of adding to them.

Thanks!

Will