Basically the user would select to install the Client software from the
Feature Selection screen

Once all the client software has been installed it would then perform a
"post install" action to install the seperate installer (svgview.exe which
is an installer in itself)

If adding the svgview.exe as a feature can I prevent this from being
displayed on the Feature Selection screen also how would this be executed.
For the time being I have added the code to my Client Fragment of code

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='windows-1252'?>
<Wix xmlns='http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2003/01/wi'>
  <Fragment Id='ClientFeatures'>
    <!-- Called by Business Dashboard.wxs. This file describes the list
         of possible installable components followed by the actual
components
         we are going to install -->
    <Feature Id='CLIENT'
      Title='Client Configuration'
      Description='Features to be installed on the Client PC'
      Display='collapse'
      Absent='allow'
      Level='1'
      InstallDefault='local'>
      <FeatureRef Id='ClientDocs'/>
      <FeatureRef Id='ClientExes'/>
      <FeatureRef Id='ClientLinks'/>
      <!-- Note, no condiition here because we want the ability to install
the client on either a client
           machine or on the server itself-->
    </Feature>

    <Feature Id ='ClientDocs'
         Level='1'
         Title='Documents relating to the Agilent Business Dashboard'
         AllowAdvertise='no'
         Description='End User documentation'
         Absent='allow'
         InstallDefault='local' >
      <ComponentGroupRef Id='ClientDocuments' />
    </Feature>

    <Feature Id ='ClientExes'
     Level='1'
     Title='Executables that need to be installed on the client machine'
     AllowAdvertise='no'
     Description='At the present time only installs svgviewer to view
traffic lights in Business Objects.'
     Absent='allow'
     InstallDefault='local' >
      <ComponentGroupRef Id='ClientExecutables' />
    </Feature>

    <Feature Id ='ClientLinks'
             Level='1'
             Title='Links applications'
             AllowAdvertise='no'
             Description='At the present time only creates a link to
launching the Business Dashboard'
             Absent='allow'
             InstallDefault='local' >
      <ComponentGroupRef Id='ClientLinks' />
    </Feature>

    <CustomAction Id='LaunchFile' FileKey='svg' ExeCommand=''
Return='asyncNoWait' />

    <InstallExecuteSequence>
      <Custom Action='LaunchFile' After='InstallFinalize'>NOT
Installed</Custom>
    </InstallExecuteSequence>
  </Fragment>
</Wix>

Interestingly, when I run the installer in debug I get the following error
message

DEBUG: Error 2753:  The File 'svg' is not marked for installation.
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package.
This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2753. The
arguments are: svg, ,
MSI (s) (BC:7C) [15:25:21:649]: Product: Agilent Business Dashboard -- The
installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This
may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2753. The
arguments are: svg, ,

This hopefulyl provides more insight to the problem and hopefully someone
can provide an answer.