Thanks Fredrik. That was I need and it works now.

From: Fredrik Grohn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2007 1:35 AM
To: Leila Lali (Excell Data Corporation); wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [WiX-users] Error 1604

Are you using WCAUtil form your custom action? If you do, there is a call
WcaErrorMessage(), it has a prinf like syntax so it should be easy to use. Your
option is to call MsiProcessMessage() directly (see MSDN for appropriate values
for the eMessageType parameter). The values for the placeholders goes in the
hRecord parameter, again see MSDN for details.

Is the work you need to do to determine the installation state of the product
in question very complex? Other ways look at the LaunchCondition and AppSearch
tables respectively, you might be able to get away without having to write a
custom action.

Fredrik