From: Balakrishna.BK <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:24:15 PM
Subject: [WiX-users] Launch Condition

Hi All,
     I am a beginner in wix.
  I have the following launch condition.  It is working fine, if the Registry
key 'SuiteInstallDir' is NOT found in the path and the condition is NOT
SUITEINSTALLDIR, but when I create RegKey and remove NOT condition, it is
failing and prompts message as 'Software is not installed' and exits.

  Any suggestions please.

  REG Key not found and is working fine :
        <Property Id="SUITEINSTALLDIR"> <RegistrySearch Id='BOBJRegistry'
Type='raw' Root='HKLM' Key='Software\MyCompany\Suite 12.0\Shared'
Name='SuiteInstallDir' /> </Property>
<Condition Message="Software is not installed"> NOT SUITEINSTALLDIR </Condition>

  REG Key is created but Failing with error message:
        <Property
 Id="SUITEINSTALLDIR"> <RegistrySearch Id='BOBJRegistry' Type='raw' Root='HKLM'
Key='Software\MyCompany\Suite 12.0\Shared' Name='SuiteInstallDir' /> </Property>
<Condition Message="Software is not installed"> SUITEINSTALLDIR </Condition>

  My Goal, is to install the msi if a regkey is found, else exit with message.

  Thanks,
  Balakrishna.

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time