Hi all, I'm just getting started with Wix, and I started working through
the tutorial (at http://www.tramontana.co.hu/wix) and trying out the
system.  I grabbed the Votive v2 install as well, since we use VS quite
extensively, and I want something for setup that will integrate with the
existing solutions (so the VS variables are very useful).  I ran into a
bit of a problem with step 2 of the tutorial though, and adding the
UIRef tag.  If I add the element, I get an unresolved reference on
WiXUI_Mondo, but it looks like I was able to solve that by adding a
reference to Wixui.wixlib.  If I do that though, I get a bunch of errors
on localization strings.  Is there a resource file that I have to
include to get this to work?

I'm interested in creating some pretty complex setup projects, and I
need something that can handle COM registrations, custom command line
actions, automated installation, and custom UI components (getting more
information than an installation path from a user).  I'm trying to
replace some work done with InstallShield, and from what I've seen, WiX
should fit the bill.  Worst case, if WiX doesn't handle somethig we
need, we can always add back to the source to make it work.  Only
question is, at this point would it be better to just start with v3?
How close to "complete" is the release at this point?

Thanks in advance for the help, and hopefully I can find a solution that
works,

Chris