Soon, soon, I promise. J I've been working on it, but need to set aside some
time to finish it up. And yes, I'll put them into the chm file as well. Good
suggestion.

Justin

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Simon
Dahlbacka
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 1:23 PM
To: Chris Bardon
Cc: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Votive v3 and variables

The feature request is still there
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1585281&group_id=1
05970&atid=642717> &aid=1585281&group_id=105970&atid=642717 )

so I guess not...

regards,
Simon

On 2/22/07, Chris Bardon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I decided to try out Votive v3 to see if it fixed the problem I was having
with v2 and building an installer with a UI, and I found that as soon as I
imported my wxs file into the new project, I got errors on the environment
variables (e.g. src="$(var.testDLL1.TargetPath)") saying that the symbols
could not be resolved.  I found a reference to this in te mailing list
archive from before Christmas saying that these variables were taken out for
testing, but would be making their way back into Votive.  Have they been
reintroduced yet?

Also, it'd be great if these variable definitions made it into the .chm help
file-the only place I was able to find them was in the MSDN article.

Thanks,

Chris

http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php
<http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV>