Try setting the condition to NOT INSTALLED

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Some user
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 12:40 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] install uninstall run conditions

I have an MSI where I need to run some programs after the installation.
I have put in some custom actions to run the items and they seem to work
fine.
however I don't want to run these files when it is uninstalled, because
obviously the files won't be there anymore and it will give an error
message.

so I put a condition "InstallMode <> "Remove"" into the action. to
remove button in the uninstall dialogue has a published event which sets
the InstallMode to Remove. however I am finding that the actions are
still executing causing a fatal error in the uninstaller

-
your
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDE