Hi Bob,

How to I know within the AddLocal and Remove events for the Next button which
entry is selected in the listbox?

Sketch:

<Control Id="ListBox" Type="ListBox" ... Property="LISTBOXVALUES">
    <ListBox>
        <ListItem Text="Desc. of  feature1" Value="Feature1"/>
        <ListItem Text="Desc of Feature2" Value="Feature2"/>
    </ListBox>
</Control>
<Control Id="Next" Type="PushButton">
    <Publish Event="AddLocal"
Value="Feature1">LISTBOXVALUES="Feature1"</Publish>
    <Publish Event="AddLocal"
Value="Feature2">LISTBOXVALUES="Feature2"</Publish>
    <Publish Event="Remove" Value="Feature1">LISTBOXVALUES<>"Feature1"</Publish>
    <Publish Event="Remove" Value="Feature2">LISTBOXVALUES<>"Feature2"</Publish>
</Control>

???

Thx,
Dacian

1. Modify the SetupTypeDlg.wxs such that Typical/Custom/Complete
buttons are not displayed but rather a simple ListBox having the list
of features I want to install listed in there. The UI manipulation it's
ok, but I don't figure how I could link the features in?

You have to list the items in ListItem elements.

  2. I want the ListBox above behave like 'SelectionTree' from
CustomizeDlg.wxs in that when one of the entries (features) gets
clicked, the description is diplayed next to it.

There doesn't appear to be an event that list boxes publish to support
this.

  Also, on Next button click I want to get out the selected
features and install only those, of course :)

Publish control events for the Next button to AddLocal and/or Remove
the appropriate features.

--
sig://boB
http://bobs.org