Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:24:50 -0500
From: "Scott Parker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [WiX-users] One-or-More Installation Design?
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net

I've used WiX to create a few rather simple "Do X then Y then possibly Z"
sorts of installations before, but now I'm working on one of much greater
scope that I'm having trouble clearly seeing how to tackle.

The problem is thus: I need to allow the user to create 1 OR MORE virtual
directories (and their physical counterparts) when they install. They will
all have identical files but for web.config. An example:

I set up my first VirDir to be called "MyTestWeb" and it is stored at
C:\MyTestWeb . This will install default.aspx and web.config to
c:\MyTestWeb
As part of the same installation, I then also decide that I need a second
VirDir called "ProductionWeb" and it is stored at c:\Production. This
would
also install default.aspx and web.config to c:\Production

I can certainly imagine how the dialogs etc for this should look and
behave,
but what would be the high-level design / logic to actually get what would
essentially be the same Component installed to multiple locations? Anyone
have thoughts on this?

Thanks,
-Scott