Justin

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Anthony Wieser
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 11:56 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Pass variable's value using MSBuild (and a votive
problem)

If you're using Votive, go to the property pages, and add

SOURCEPATH=\\droplocation\sourcecode

to your define variables.

I had a lot of problems getting the values to stick for my project
configurations, so ended up doing it manually in the wixproj file, as
described below in my original reply.  There seems to be some confusion
between the project the property page is modifying, and the one that visual
studio is claiming is current in its toolbar.

Has anyone else noticed that Votive doesn't like to save changed pages, and
figured out what provokes the problem.

Anthony Wieser

Wieser Software Ltd

So if I had a dropLocation that is used as a variable in my wxs file as

<?define SOURCEPATH =\\dropLocation\sourcecode?>

which is used in the wxs project as

<File Id="FileWebConfig" Name="WEB~1.CON" LongName="Web.config"
src="$(var.SOURCEPATH)\Web.config" />

How would I make this part of my MSBuild?

I want to use the MSBuild's droplocation as input to the wixproj which here
is the value for the SOURCEPATH. Can you elaborate help out here?

Thanks,

SJ