From: Bob Arnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: fiordean dacian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 8:06:26 AM
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Upgrade InstallShield package

fiordean dacian wrote:

  1.
When double click on my new msi, it detects there is a previous product
installed (there is a PREVFOUND property set I provided within the
Upgrade sequence of my WiX code), but there is no message saying
"Another version of ..." like I get when I do an upgrade with two msi
files I generated with WiX but have different versions. It just goes
like a normal install, even if some components are upgraded. What I'd
expect is getting an error when double click ("Another version..."),
but when launched with REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=vomus it should work.

The REINSTALL/REINSTALLMODE behavior you describe is a minor upgrade.
The Upgrade/UpgradeVersion schema is used to declare a major upgrade,
which removes the previous product version as part of installing the
newer.

Which do you want?

--
sig://boB