What I want to do is creating a wrapper to display a dialog and then extract some files to disk.  Kind of like a self extracting zip file.  I don't want to make it a setup program where the user/admin needs to remove it.  Wouldn't removing these actions prevent the product from been registered as well as caching of the msi in the system therefore works the same as a self extracting zip file?

From: "Mike Dimmick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Leo ...'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,<wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] How to prevent the Publish* standard actionsfromshowing up.
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:34:17 +0100

You can suppress a standard action in WiX by using e.g. PublishFeatures/@Suppress=’yes’.

I’m guessing you’re trying to prevent the end-user from uninstalling your package. Don’t do this. It’s the user’s machine, not yours. If, as a network administrator, you want to stop your users uninstalling software, it’s simple: make them a standard user.

If you really want to hide the component from Add/Remove Programs, set the ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT property to 1. Again, it’s the user’s computer, not yours.

--

Mike Dimmick