Hi everybody,
I'm trying to deliver a product with a msi, and I need help. I want to
separate this product in two part, the big and commun one with all the
main program, and the small and specific one with some configuration files.

The idea behind this separation is to make easier futurs changes in the
main program, without having to re-package all the specific parts.

I have tried some stuff since a week, but I can't find the good one :(
Actually my idea is to create 2 msi, one for each part of my
application, and to include them into a bigger msi. (I don't know if
this is the best way to achieve my aim, but at the beginning it sounded
good).

So I want the big msi to install the 2 msi. I employ the CustomAction
type 50 (with "[SystemFolder]msiexec" and "/quiet /i path_to_small_msi"
). But it seems impossible to install two msi in the same time. So I
tried to add Execute="commit" to the CustomAction, without success (the
first install of the big msi is not finish when the install of one of
the two msi inside begins)

Last week I also tried to make a module. The module worked fine, but the
problem is that the module is include in the main msi when the main msi
is created with light.exe, it's not an externel link.

I hope you will be able to help me :)
Thanks in advance!