Hello Bob,

For installing assemblies into GAC we were adding Assembly Manifest tag
in the ".wxs" which is authored by the tool but we were getting errors
stating "Assembly tag is not supported". We need help about how existing
MSI's can be modified by the WIX 1.0?

Below contains the code snippet which is updating  the MSI.

    string sProcessArgs = sWIXPathCandle + " -d \"" +
sUpgradeMSIFilePath +"\" \"" + sWIXFilePath + "\"";

    string CmdOut = UtilFunctions.CreateProcessWithOutput("cscript.exe",
sProcessArgs);

   sProcessArgs = sWIXPathHashUpdate + " /p:\"" + sNewBinaryPath +"\"
/m:\"" + sUpgradeMSIFilePath + "\"";

   CmdOut = UtilFunctions.CreateProcessWithOutput("cscript.exe",
sProcessArgs);

sWIXPathCandle: Contains Path to WIX 1.0 Candle compiler.

sUpgradeMSIFilePath: Contains Path to the Existing MSI.

sWIXFilePath: Contains Path to .wxp a file which intends to update the
Existing MSI.

Kindly help us on this.

Thanks & Regards

Gaurav Tiwari

Phone No.-0120-4046361

DISCLAIMER:
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates.
Any views or opinions presented in
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the
opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
distribution and / or publication of
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. Before opening any mail and