> I am trying to use wix for  installation of my product .When
> i try to use the UI wizard  in my wxs file by using the
> following lines:
>
> <UIRef Id="WixUI_Mondo" />
>
> <UIRef Id="WixUI_ErrorProgressText" />
>
> I get the fillowing error while linking :

> unresolved reference to the symbol 'WixUI:
> WixUI_ErrorProgressText' in the section
>
> Product={35D229AD-6CBC-4815-908D-33DB6E2691C0}

Chandan,

Are you using version 2 or version 3 of WiX?
In version 2 you do something like this:

  light.exe -out SampleWixUI.msi SampleWixUI.wixobj
<path>\lib\wixui.wixlib -loc <path>\lib\WixUI_en-us.wxl

and in version 3, something like:

  light.exe -out SampleWixUI.msi SampleWixUI.wixobj -ext
<path>\WixUIExtension.dll -cultures:en-us

where <path> is the the path of your WiX installation.

Cheers,
John