From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of pobox77
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 1:24 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Problem with german letters if <UI> as FragmentRef

Hi,

I have in UI some german texts with special german characters like Ä, Ü, Ö,
ß.

I saved <UI> in a separate fragment file FragmentUI.wxs and referenced it by
<FragmentRef Id="FragmentUI" />

While compiling I always get the error:
C:\.......\FragmentUI.wxs(629) : error CNDL0104 : Not a valid source file;
detail: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 629, position 74.
Here is for example an 'ä' in the text.

My product has Language="1031", package has Languages="1031",
Codepage="1252", light.exe has cultures en-us.

If my <UI> section is in the main wxs file, it will be compiled without any
error using the same settings.

How should I use a separate ui-fragment including german characters?

Regards,
Peter