Yes and no.  As a former SMS 2003 guy, I'd just use filemon to sniff out the
extracted MSI location and break it out into it's own SMS package.  I rarely
used setup chainers because SMS has it's own chaining tool.   You end up
consuming less space on your distribution points, pull less bits ( pun intended
for people who know what BITS is ) and you get better SMS status messages from
the client when you let SMS own the chain.

  Another reason for me insisting on extracting the MSI is for source
resilency.  SMS can understand a relationship betwen an insalled application (
ProductCode ) and an MSI package sitting on a distribution point and
automatically make it available to MSI if the DP is considered `local` to the
subnet.  I've also written utilities that query the SMS database and add source
points that are also considered `remote` to the subnet.

Bob Arnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm not familiar with the VS bootstrapper but if it could kick off an
.exe, write a C# app to do the decryption and launch the MSI. From a
network management perspective, what you have can't be deployed by SMS
or other similar tools (assuming your CA runs from the UI).