The commonly accepted solution is breaking up the code into fragments. The
source code of WiX UI (wixui.wixlib) might be of your interest, as it is a
good example (I think, what I write at least stands for WiX 2.x).

In this case, for each level of UI - depending on how far it is reduced
- different dialog collections are obtained from the same dialogs using
DialogRef elements (each dialog is in a separate WiX file, and there is one
another "atomic" file for the binaries like bitmaps).