Hi Sebastian,

Thank you very much for the response.

I am using following code snippet for creating file-share:

<Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">
    <Directory Id="ProgramFilesFolder">
      <Directory Id="INSTALLLATIONDIR" Name="$(var.ProductName)">

        <Component Id="ProductComponent"
Guid="7f1d40c6-7366-4b3a-b0e0-59aff11ce19e">
          <CreateFolder/>
        </Component>

        <!-- Creating share folder for storing share info -->
        <!-- Grant Read permission to IIS_NETWORKSERVICE and -->
        <!-- Grant write permission to Win32ServiceAccount -->

        <Directory Name="PUBLICSHARE" Id="D_PUBLICSHARE" >
          <Component Id="C_PUBLICSHARE_1" Guid="{GUID}" DiskId="1">
            <CreateFolder/>
            <util:FileShare Id="S_PUBLICSHARE" Description="PublicShare"
Name="PublicShare">
              <util:FileSharePermission User="Win32ServiceAccount"
GenericRead="yes" Read="yes"/>
              <util:FileSharePermission User="IIS_NETWORKSERVICE"
GenericRead="yes" Read="yes" />
            </util:FileShare>
          </Component>
        </Directory>
      </Directory>
    </Directory>
  </Directory>

This creates the share folder inside [INSTALLLATIONDIR], while taking this
share-folder section outside but inside the logical Directory (the outmost
directory), then it creates the file-share in the root directory of the drive
where the product is been installed.

But I want to create the file-share in the different drives like D:\Share1 or
E:\Share2 , (they are passed as parameter (Property) to MSI. If the physical
directory for the share in the target drive does not exist, I want to create
it, FYI: they all exists in the same machine.)

I am trying to find out the way to do it using FileShare element of WIX 3.0,
Can I perform this using the FileShare element? Or I need to use some scripting
command (i.e. using xcacls.vbs) in a custom action.

I would appreciate any clue.

Thank you,
-Krishna

 Krishna Sapkota | Software Design Engineer | SolutionsIQ | Technical Services
& Engineering | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | 425.703.7327
     Tell me how TS&E can improve here