Just a quick bit of extra info on WiX version numbers:

The first two digits of the Build part (major.minor.build.revision) are the
'project month number'. I think for WiX 3.0 this started at 10 and has
incremented every month since.

The second two digits are the day within the month.

WiX 3.0 is still in a state of flux and hasn't been through stabilisation.
Almost anything is allowed to change. Serious bugs may be fixed, but those
fixes may introduce serious bugs of their own. The code may be reorganized
and in the process, broken. Take your choice - latest feature set, or
stabilized code? For the latter, choose v2.

The latest builds can always be found at
http://wix.sourceforge.net/releases. There's a build approximately every
week, or more frequently if there's a serious regression, but it's as and
when Rob and the other maintainers release one. If a feature doesn't work
for you, try the build before or after.

Particularly stable builds are placed on the main SourceForge project page
at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=105970&package_id=1688
88 after they've bedded down a little.

You can see from these sites that the most recent build, 3419, was released
last week on the 19th of October, and is about five months newer than the
build you're currently working with, which is the latest on the SourceForge
project page.

--
Mike Dimmick