I don't know anything about using MSI to install virtual directories, but
I think the solution is to put your 'shared' parent directory in a
component that is used by all of your applications, using the same
ComponentGuid.  Then, only the 'first' application installed will add the
directory, and only the 'last' application removed will remove it.

However, I'm not sure how to do this.

good luck.

Kelly

Rolando <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
11/01/2007 11:57 AM

wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
cc

Subject
[WiX-users] Common virtual directory for multiple products

Hi, I have five products, each one of them creates one or more virtual
directories. I need to put all this virtual directories inside a common
virtual directory.

ie.
   Default Web Site
      |-[My product line]
           |-ProductOne
           |-ProductTwo
           |-Product N

the code I'm using to create each virtual directory looks like this

       <Component Id='MyID' Guid='MyComponentGUID'>
           <CreateFolder/>
                <iis:WebVirtualDir Id="ProductLineVD" Alias="[My product
line]" Directory="[My product line directory]" WebSite="[My default Web
Site]">
               <iis:WebVirtualDir Id="ProductXVD" Alias="[My Product X
alias]" Directory="[My Product X directory]">
                   <iis:WebApplication ... >
                   </iis:WebApplication>
               </iis:WebVirtualDir>
           </iis:WebVirtualDir>
       </Component>

When I install the products everything works as desired, but if I
uninstall one product, the common virtual directory is removed and the
other products virtual directories can not be accessed (Obviously)

Do you have any suggestion?
Thanks,
Rolando

This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Unless indicated
to the contrary: it does not constitute professional advice or
opinions upon which reliance may be made by the addressee or any
other party, and it should be considered to be a work in progress.
Unless stated otherwise, this communication does not form a prescribed
statement of actuarial opinion under American Academy of Actuaries
guidelines.