Hi,

  I am very new to wix, i am able to extract files from the .msi file to a
specified location like c:\~--\temp.
I have a text file and a exe file that will edit this text file as per the
user input.
Both the files are there in temp folder, after the installation,

The problem that i am facing is that all files are going to this location,
but when i try to invoke this exe or txt file with in the same installation,
it does not work.

Actually i am doing two tasks in one installation.

1.  copying all the files to temp ( file.exe , textfile.txt ).
2. invoke one file (file.exe) from temp and trying to manupulate the
other(textfile.txt)

but only first task is performed, and i won't get the edited text file.

could you please help me out
or could you explain how to acheive this task,

A sample code is needed, that will help me a lot
 i am  using custom action to execute exe.
and publish the DoAction to call this custom action

I know that i am doing some thing wrong but unable to figure it out

so please help me

If this not the place to put query, then please forward me the link so that
i can do the same

Thanx in advance