You should use .wxl (WiX localization) files for, well, localization.  It
takes a few tricks to get them working, but then it's smooth sailing.

My main WiX project directory is setup something like this Everything is
stripped down for public consumption, and I am just doing English right now,
but the picture is correct:

..\WiX\ant_wix.xml   <-- I build with ant, was using it pre-WiX
..\WiX\lang
                \en-us\proj_en-us.wxl
                        \License.rtf
                \de-de\proj_de-de.wxl
                        \License.rtf
..\WiX\src
                \proj1.wxs
                \proj2.wxs
                \frag1.wxs
..\WiX\wixobj
..\WiX\wixlib
..\WiX\Packages
                \en
                \de

The en-us .wxl file is something like this:

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<WixLocalization Culture='en-us'
        xmlns='http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/localization'>

   <String Id='LANG'>1033</String>

    <String Id='Company'>MindCapers</String>
    <String Id='ProductName'>SomeProductName in English</String>
</WixLocalization>

To access from within a .wxs file:

   <Package  Description='!(loc.ProductName)'
     Comments='!(loc.ProductName) v1.0'
     Manufacturer='!(loc.Company)' InstallerVersion='200'
     Compressed='yes' />

To build, it's just the light command line that needs to have this added:
-cultures:en-us -loc "lang\en-us\prod_en-us.wxl"
-dWixUILicenseRtf="lang\en-us\License.rtf"

For each language of course.  I also change the output directory to reflect
the localization, like so:

-out "Packages\en\prod_v1.0.msi"

As I mentioned, many steps, but worth the refactoring if you need to
localize to several languages

Julie Campbell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]