Hi,

I'm installing MFC71, CRT and STL merge modules together with my product. The
problem I'm having is Windows Installer asks me to reboot at the end of the
installation in case of a repair since some of those modules are held in use by
Windows Explorer. At the installation, I don't have this problem. I assume is
due to the way those merge modules are made. Is there a way to avoid this?

I'm reading through blogs around Internet about policy_* merge modules (I don't
really understand why do I need all those):
http://msdn.technetweb3.orcsweb.com/astebner/archive/2007/02/13/building-an-msi-using-wix-v3-0-that-includes-the-vc-8-0-runtime-merge-modules.aspx

I downloaded VC 2005 SP1 redistributable package from Microsoft but it doesn't
install anything of that type (ie policy_* merge module files).
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Dacian