Hi...

I am using similar condition with WiX 2.0 for two years and it is
working OK.

You should check the verbose log of the installation.

msiexec.exe /i YourProduct.msi /l*v log_file.log

regards

Stefan

Gonzalo Diethelm wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I need a Wix 2.0 package to be installed only by administrator users, so
> I added the following as a child of the Product element:
>
>   <Condition Message="Admins only">Privileged</Condition>
>
> Then I logged in as a non-administrator user in Windows XP  SP2 and ran
> the installer. I never saw the "Admins only" message, and the
> installation proceeded Ok to the end. Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>

> --
> Gonzalo Diethelm

Stefan Pavlik | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Whitestein Technologies s.r.o. | www.whitestein.com
Panenska 28 | 811 03 Bratislava | Slovak Republic
Main +421 2 5443-5502 | Direct +421 2 5930-0735