From: Athay, David [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2008 5:43 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Excluding registry entries from patching

I have a problem where I am specifying a registry entry in a component that
writes out the INSTALLDIR property to the registry.  My problem is that
patches to this MSI always reset the INSTALLDIR to the default value (the
Windows Installer default is C:\Program Files)

I need to either A) find a way of excluding that part of my install from
patching, or B) find a way to make sure that the MSP always sets INSTALLDIR
to what the original installation directory was before it processes the
patch so that the registry will still be valid after patching.

Any suggestions?

--
David Athay | CE Up & Running Team | Intuit, Inc. | Work: (858) 215-7149 |