From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Nannenga
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 7:32 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] does running upgrade msi or patch msi still require
additional command line switches?

In our installs, we don't utilize a patch wrapper.

Instead, we set the REINSTALL and REINSTALLMODES appropriately within our
installation(s)...

        <CustomAction Id='Patch_SetReinstall'
Property='REINSTALL'            Value='ALL'/>
        <CustomAction Id='Patch_SetReinstallMode'
Property='REINSTALLMODE'        Value='omus'/>

<InstallExecuteSequence>
        <LaunchConditions/>
        <Custom Action='Patch_SetReinstall'
After="LaunchConditions">PATCH and Installed</Custom>
        <Custom Action='Patch_SetReinstallMode'
After="Patch_SetReinstall">PATCH and Installed</Custom>
</InstallExecuteSequence

With respect to multiple instances, the customer applies the patch via the
command line passing in the instance product code to patch if they don't want
all relevant instances updated by double clicking on the MSP file.