From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert O'Brien
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:08 PM
To: 'wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] create setup.exe

Here is what I'm now using to accomplish this w/o needing a setup.exe wrapper,
e.g. you can just double click the msp and/or msi.   Initial knowledge share
for the double click msp property settings solution this came from John
Nannenga.

    <!-- for msp small update or minor upgrade processing -->
    <CustomAction Id="SetMspSmallUpdateOrMinorUpgradeReInstallProperty"
Property="REINSTALL" Value="ALL" />
    <CustomAction Id="SetMspSmallUpdateOrMinorUpgradeReInstallModeProperty"
Property="REINSTALLMODE" Value="omus" />

    <!-- for msu minor upgrade processing -->
    <CustomAction Id="SetMsiMinorUpgradeReInstallProperty" Property="REINSTALL"
Value="ALL" />
    <CustomAction Id="SetMsiMinorUpgradeReInstallModeProperty"
Property="REINSTALLMODE" Value="vomus" />

    <!-- for msi major upgrade processing -->
    <CustomAction Id="SetMsiMajorUpgradePreventDowngradingError" Error="Newer
version already installed." />
    <CustomAction Id="SetMsiMajorUpgradeReInstallProperty" Property="REINSTALL"
Value="ALL" />
    <CustomAction Id="SetMsiMajorUpgradeReInstallModeProperty"
Property="REINSTALLMODE" Value="vomus" />

    <InstallExecuteSequence>
        <!-- for msp small update or minor upgrade processing -->
        <!--<Custom Action="SetMspSmallUpdateOrMinorUpgradeReInstallProperty"
After="LaunchConditions">PATCH And Installed</Custom>
        <Custom Action="SetMspSmallUpdateOrMinorUpgradeReInstallModeProperty"
After="LaunchConditions">PATCH And Installed</Custom>-->
        <Custom Action="SetMspSmallUpdateOrMinorUpgradeReInstallProperty"
After="LaunchConditions">QFEUpgrade=2</Custom>
        <Custom Action="SetMspSmallUpdateOrMinorUpgradeReInstallModeProperty"
After="LaunchConditions">QFEUpgrade=2</Custom>

        <!-- for msi minor upgrade processing -->
        <Custom Action="SetMsiMinorUpgradeReInstallProperty"
After="LaunchConditions">QFEUpgrade=1</Custom>
        <Custom Action="SetMsiMinorUpgradeReInstallModeProperty"
After="LaunchConditions">QFEUpgrade=1</Custom>

        <!-- for msi major upgrade processing -->
        <Custom Action="SetMsiMajorUpgradePreventDowngradingError"
After="FindRelatedProducts">NEWERVERSIONFOUND</Custom>
        <Custom Action="SetMsiMajorUpgradeReInstallProperty"
After="FindRelatedProducts">OLDERVERSIONFOUND</Custom>
        <Custom Action="SetMsiMajorUpgradeReInstallModeProperty"
After="FindRelatedProducts">OLDERVERSIONFOUND</Custom>
        <RemoveExistingProducts
After="InstallFinalize">OLDERVERSIONFOUND</RemoveExistingProducts>  <!-- note -
windows installer sets UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE property when this action runs -->