Hi,

I have an install (v3.0.4513) that is modifying a SQL Server Reporting
Services installation (SQL Server Reporting Services 2008).  My install
makes changes to the config files for reporting services to enable us to
use our own custom security extensions from Reporting Services.

All works well, except that changes to the Reporting Services
configuration files of course requires that I restart the Reporting
Services service on that machine.  To that end I have added the
following to my Wix source:

<Component Id="StopAndStartService"
Guid="7E1721C9-7E4A-4A93-ADBF-1D7862C9734F">
        <ServiceControl Id="StopAndStartReportingServices"
Name="ReportServer" Stop="install" Start="install" Wait="yes" />
<Component/>

>From my log file:
Action 14:42:57: StopServices. Stopping services
StopServices: Service: SQL Server Reporting Services (MSSQLSERVER)
Action 14:42:58: DeleteServices. Deleting services
Action 14:42:58: CreateFolders. Creating folders
... (a bunch of unrelated stuff)
Action 14:43:00: ExecXmlConfigRollback.
Action 14:43:00: ExecXmlConfigRollback.
Action 14:43:00: ExecXmlConfigRollback.
Action 14:43:00: ExecXmlConfigRollback.
Action 14:43:00: ExecXmlConfig.
Action 14:43:00: StartServices. Starting services
StartServices: Service: SQL Server Reporting Services (MSSQLSERVER)
Error 1920. Service 'SQL Server Reporting Services (MSSQLSERVER)'
(ReportServer) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient
privileges to start system services.
MSI (s) (8C:90) [14:43:38:820]: Product: iVantage -- Error 1920. Service
'SQL Server Reporting Services (MSSQLSERVER)' (ReportServer) failed to
start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system
services.

I am running as a user that is a member of Administrators on the
machine, which is a Windows 2003 SP2 server.

Any Ideas?

Amy

Amy Rosewater
SPECTRUM Human Resource Systems Corporation
707 17th Street Suite 3800
Denver CO, 80202
303.592.3403
[EMAIL PROTECTED]