I've searched all over...what's the deal with Help installations?  I
can't seem to get mine to work, and I've seen other people get it to
work (by dark'ing the redistributable MSMs?  Making custom tables?).  I
need to deploy some help collections, filters, etc. and I'm pretty close
to just using a bunch of Custom Actions to run Innovasys' InnovaHxReg
executable to register my help collections.  Can anyone shed some light
on how to do this?  I, at one point, had the MSMs included and
Merge/MergeRef nodes but I only got a bunch of errors.  This is like
what I have at the moment:

  <Fragment>
    <DirectoryRef Id="Help">
      <Component Id="MyProduct$(var.ShortVersionND)Help"
Guid="11281ECA-BDA7-4CEA-A330-309AEDDF7753" KeyPath="yes">
        <File Id="Guide.Pdf"          Source="$(var.HelpPath)\Guide.Pdf"
/>
        <File Id="MyCompany.MyProduct.hxs"
Source="$(var.HelpPath)\MyCompany.MyProduct.hxs">
          <vs:HelpFile Id="HelpFile" Language="1033"
Name="$(var.Product)$(var.ShortVersionND)" />
        </File>
        <File Id="COL_MyCompany.MyProduct.HxC"
Source="$(var.HelpPath)\COL_MyCompany.MyProduct.HxC">
          <vs:HelpCollection Id="HelpCollection"
Description="$(var.ManufacSN) $(var.Product) $(var.ShortVersion)"
Name="$(var.ManufacSN).$(var.Product)$(var.ShortVersionND)">
            <vs:PlugCollectionInto TargetCollection="MS_VSIPCC_v80"
TargetFeature="Help" />
            <vs:PlugCollectionInto TargetCollection="MS.VSIPCC.v90"
TargetFeature="Help" />
          </vs:HelpCollection>
        </File>
<!--
A bunch of other help files that have no interesting vs nodes
-->
       </Component>
    </DirectoryRef>
    <FeatureGroup Id="Help">
      <Feature Id="Help" Title="Help" Level="1" Display="expand"
Description="The $(var.Name) Visual Studio help files ">
        <ComponentRef Id="MyProduct$(var.ShortVersionND)Help"/>
      </Feature>
    </FeatureGroup>
    <CustomActionRef Id="VS2005Setup"/>
    <CustomActionRef Id="VS90Setup"/>
  </Fragment>
</Wix>

This compiles and installs but help isn't registered.

Any help is appreciated, because I still don't have the InnovaHxReg
working properly.  I believe the problem I'm having with that is the
working directory when it's run is not the directory that contains all
the help files, so it's not operating properly.

-Dave T.

This electronic mail message and any attached files
contain information intended only for the individual
information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any other
person is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender by an
electronic mail message to the original sender.