From: Reese [mailto:quattro...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 11:38 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Multi-project development

Hi Rob, sure, we have a small team of about 4 developers and I'm the only
one who has MSI / build / installation knowledge. I want to get to a point
where (obviously with some of my help) the others projects, solutions, etc.
can be merged or built into a master installer or installers. One thing we
are debating is whether to have an installation for each application or one
master suite for all the applications. Most likely the installations will
possibly look like this --> one for our database, one for our
application/web server and n for our client applications. The development
will likely include multiple solutions. Should there be a WiX merge module
project for each .NET project which we compose into an installation? Any
recommendation or guidance would be much appreciated, thanks.