From: Chandra Vuppala [mailto:chandra.vupp...@oakton.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 4:03 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Cc: Senthilraj Krishnan
Subject: [WiX-users] Launch condition based on feture selection

Hi,
My Requirement is based on feature selection I have to install Database
or BizTalk applications or Client Application with single installer on a
machine. User can install all this in one machine or in multiple
machines.
Problem is when I install in multiple machines using single installer.
For example I want to  install Database related things in Server1,
BizTalk related things in Server2 and Client in some other machine, here
my installer is checking prerequisites like MSSQL, BizTalk Server and
IIS7.0 in each and every machine,

My Approach:

I am diving my requirements into features like listed below

1. FeDatabase
2. FeBiztalkAppplications
3. FeWassHosting
4. FeClient

For Checking Pre-requisites I am using Launch conditions, so if try to
install this on database sever it is failing at launch conditions
because there is no BizTalk server installed on the dbserver.

Now my question is: Approach I am following for making single installer
for installing my features is correct or not, if correct how to and
where to  check pre-requisite. If my approach is wrong what would be the
best approach?

Thanks &  Regards,
Chandrashekar vuppala
M-9949469324
Oakton Global Technology Services Centre (India)  Results Driven. When
Business & IT Matters

IMPORTANT
1.      This email and any attachments are confidential.  Any
unauthorised dissemination or other use of these materials is
prohibited.  If received in error, please contact us and delete all
copies.
2.      Before opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and
defects.  Our liability is limited to resupplying any affected
attachments.
3.      Protecting your privacy is important to us.  Our privacy
statement and further information is available at www.oakton.com.au.