Hi All,

I posted this last week and didn't hear back from anyone...please if
anyone has any ideas, it would be great to hear them.

I have an install which stops and starts the
ReportingServicesService.exe service during the course of the
installation.  The problem I am running into is this:

When the server in question has more than one instance of SQL Server
Reporting Services installed, there is more than one service with the
name "ReportServer" on the machine.  By default, the install chooses to
stop and restart the default instance service (shows up under services
as "SQL Server Reporting Services (MSSQLSERVER)").  However, when the
install is being done against a specific instance I need to stop and
restart that instance's service (shows up under services as "SQL Server
Reporting Services (MYINSTANCE)").

I am not sure how to achieve this through Wix.  Unfortunately, unlike
the SQL Server service which can take a server name at the command line,
these two tasks actually refer to different copies of the
ReportingServicesService.exe residing at two different paths.

SQL Server Reporting Services (MSSQLSERVER) refers to the executable at
c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting

Services\ReportServer\bin

SQL Server Reporting Services (MYINSTANCE) refers to the executable at
c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MYINSTANCE\Reporting

Services\ReportServer\bin

In this scenario, is it possible to specific which exact service I want
to restart using the ServiceControl element?

Amy

Amy Rosewater

SPECTRUM Human Resource Systems Corporation

707 17th Street Suite 3800

Denver CO, 80202

303.592.3403

arosewa...@spectrumhr.com