Hi,

Thanks for your help...this is definitely my problem!  :)  At one point
I was only ever having the install create users on the local computer.
However, we discovered a scenario where it would be required to create a
domain user for one specific configuration of our application.  I had
changed my User node to use the correct domain (either ComputerName or
the specified domain), but had failed to update my PermissionEx elements
not to use the [ComputerName] for the domain.

I really appreciate your help!

Amy

My user is set up like this...

<util:User Id="InstallUser" Name="[APPLICATIONUSER]"
Password="[APPLICATIONPASSWORD]" CreateUser="yes"
PasswordNeverExpires="yes" CanNotChangePassword="yes"
RemoveOnUninstall="yes" UpdateIfExists="yes" Domain="[CREATEUSERDOMAIN]"
LogonAsService="yes">
        <util:GroupRef Id="IISWorkerProcessGroup"/>
        <util:GroupRef Id="UsersGroup" />
</util:User>

My permission ex element was set up like this... :(

<util:PermissionEx CreateFile="yes" GenericAll="yes" Read="yes"
ReadAttributes="yes" WriteAttributes="yes" Domain="[ComputerName]"
User="[APPLICATIONUSER]" />

When the user was created on the windows domain then the
ExecSecureObjects action was looking for that user on the local machine,
hence the error.

Thanks,

Amy