It is possible to put a file into a Component containing only that file,
make it volatile and change the condition for installing the component
from 1 to 0.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Rogers [mailto:rogers.br...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:43 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Execute action during path installation

Hey Grigory,

I don't believe you are able to remove a file while patching. However,
you
can change the file that you want to delete to a 0byte file. This will
be
effectively the same. I don't have an example of how to run a custom
action
but believe you just add a new action to your patch. There is a lot more
information to go with that. Please view Heaths blog.

http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2005/09/12/464047.aspx

Thanks,

Brian Rogers
"Intelligence removes complexity." - Me
http://icumove.spaces.live.com

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 3:39 AM, Grigory Konovalov <
grigory.konova...@confirmit.com> wrote:

> Hello All!
> I need remove file and execute custom action during patch
installation. Is