Hi all,
   I'm new to wix, and have looked at the tutorial at tramonta and searched
around various places, but the answer to this isn't immediately obvious to
me, so I was hoping someone could help shed some light on it.

Our installer will be installing 3 large directories.  Two of them are
completely static 3rd party stuff that will not change at all for the
release.   However, the third directory is our main product build output, so
that changes weekly.   My question is:  how do people deal with situations
like this?   I've looked at tallow & paraffin, and looks like I can use them
(paraffin looks very nice) to build up my lists for inclusion in wxs file
which will work perfect for 2 of the 3 directories & files.   However, the
third directory will change every week and there could be new files, files
deleted, new directories, etc.   Since all the stuff on tallow/paraffin i
could see does not recommend re-running them on every build (so as not to
have all new GUIDs and break component rules), I could run paraffin once and
then every other build of my installer i could just do a paraffin -update...
But then if new files get added one week, the next week -update would give
them a different GUID unless I had some way of knowing when the new files
were changed and to save that change.   Asking designers to inform us of
file additions/removals is not feasible - ~100 designers.

So for that one directory that *could* change frequently, I could just store
it as a zip file (this is what gets created by as a build artifact anyway)
in the MSI and unzip it, couldn't I?   Although lots of responses towards
people asking questions about using Wix to handle zip files are very
negative towards using zip files... so how are people handling situations
like this?  I would have assumed this was a common problem?

I hope my point/question makes some sense.   I would appreciate any
help/suggestions/comments anyone has.

Thanks!