Von: Matthias Rainer [mailto:matthias.rai...@alumni.tuwien.ac.at]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2009 00:45
An: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: [WiX-users] Localized Product Version

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to use a localized product version but I get this error running
candle:

package.wxs(20) : error CNDL0108 : The Product/@Version attribute's value,
'!(loc.Version)', is not a valid version.  Legal version values should look
like 'x.x.x.x' where x is an integer from 0 to 65534.
package.wxs(20) : error CNDL0010 : The Product/@Version attribute was not
found; it is required.

I'm using this line for the product version:
Version="!(loc.Version)"

Candle works fine if I pass the version as a parameter and use this line in
the wxs file instead:
Version="$(var.Version)"

Is there a reason why the version string cannot be localized?
Even though the version would be the same in every language, I would still
like to keep it in the wxl file to reuse the variable to e.g. set the
installation directory based on name and version.

Regards,
Matthias

06:40:00