From: jballe [mailto:j...@visionpeople.dk]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:37 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] CustomAction following specific CustomAction fails

Both customactions are executed during UI for the mentioned buttons
(browsefile and execute managed action) I publish the DoAction.

The original problem was:
In the UI the user can select to install a license file. I have a C++
customaction which opens the OpenFile dialog and sets it to a property.
Later in the UI is invoked some managed CustomActions for IIS or MSMQ stuff
depending on the user's selections.
If the C++ customaction is run the next customaction (no matter which one)
fails with the error code 2896 (Executing action xxx failed). If the C++
custom action is not run, it works as it is supposed to.

I have created this small project with an almost empty managed action (it
just opens a messagebox) and it is clear that if I select a file in the
browsedialog action, the installer fails when the managed action should
execute (but the messagebox is not displayed). The messagebox shows
correctly if i open the browse dialog and not select a file (just canelling
the dialog) or if I not press the browsefile button.