If patch 2 supersedes patch 1, it MUST include all the same content. If
you're noticing that files are not removed, changes are that your features
you've modified are now advertised:
http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2006/01/23/516457.aspx. But without
logs it's hard to say. Can you update a verbose log from when you installed
patch 2 after 1?

If patch 2 does not supersede 1, both will show up in ARP. If it does
supersede 1, only patch 2 should show up but it also depends if you set
ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT property or not. A log can help me help you diagnose it.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 3:37 AM, shibo <szheng...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> More info: If I install patch 2 only, then uninstall it, files are removed.

Heath Stewart
Deployment Technologies Team, Microsoft
http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths