From: David Keaveny [davidkeav...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 6 May 2009 9:05 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Building MSIs for automated deployment

I've been using WiX v3 with CruiseControl.NET for some time now to build MSI
packages for deployment, without any real problem. We're working in an agile
environment, so fresh MSIs are being created every night, with the version
number being incremented at the beginning of each sprint (for instance, this
sprint the package version is 1.0.6, next sprint it will be 1.0.7), but the
deployment is currently a manual process; someone has to uninstall the old
versions and install the new versions.
I have NAnt running on my staging servers to which I'm deploying to handle
the various steps required.

What strategies are people using for automating their deployments? How would
you handle the crossover from (in my case) v1.0.6 to v1.0.7?

Regards,
David