Chris Ridd wrote:
> Yes, the higher compression levels make building the msi much slower.
> If you've got the concept of a "debug" vs "release" build, I'd suggest
> using no compression when debugging, and high when doing a release.

In the interest of science I ran through the compression levels on the .msi
build of one of my programs.

Compression Level > Time (seconds) > File Size (MB)
none > 11 > 6.05
mszip > 11 > 2.25   (default)
low > 11 > 1.91
medium > 12 > 1.81
high > 14 > 1.73

That's quite a space saving for a few seconds wait.
Windows XP on an AMD running at 2.1 GHz.

--
Chuck Brockman