Again what benefits and/or advantages would that have over using a
Feature with Display="hidden" Level="1" Absent="disallow" set?

You're looking at a specific type of merge modules in your examples,
those of redistributables which the application you're distributing
depends on. This does not constitute the entire set of merge modules
anyone will ever use.

If you don't want to "add the complexity of an additional feature to the
MSI database" then add the MergeRef's to your main Feature along with
your ComponentRef's.

P.S. Features are cheap. They are essentially not much more than an easy
way to lump your components together. They even live in their own tables
in your MSI. Try looking at one in Orca or InstEd if you're that worried
about the complexity of your MSI.

Palbinder Sandher
Software Deployment & IT Administrator
T: +44 (0) 141 945 8500
F: +44 (0) 141 945 8501

http://www.iesve.com
**Design, Simulate + Innovate with the <Virtual Environment>**
Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No.
SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park,
Glasgow G20 0SP
Email Disclaimer