The timestamps in a file are not changed during install (only if a file was
actually created by, say, a custom action during installation). There are no
standard ways of changint the timestamps; to do so is non-standard.

Is there some specific reason it matters? Perhaps we can help you determine
an alternate solution.

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 4:46 AM, varun kataria <varunk0...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am creating a  basic patch on a basic msi and when i install this patch
> on two different machines with different timezone, the patched binary
> modification date time is same . Means the modification date time of the
> binary does not change according to the different timezone on the
> installation machine(where i am installing the patch).
>
> If you can provide me some property to set or the change in creation
> process of patch then it will be very helpful.
> I have tried using WIX2.0 and WIX3.0.
>
> Thanks
> Varun.

Heath Stewart