I believe, it's just too late to define product version at bind time.

-- Yan

-----Original Message-----
From: rh_maill...@mac.com [mailto:rh_maill...@mac.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 10:06 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] (no subject)

I don't believe that is correct.  Visual studio setup projects use 3
digits for the product version number and my #define only has 3 digits
as the version number but that works.

And regardless of that, I'd tried it with 4 digits and get the same
error message so it doesn't work with 3 or 4.

Cheers

Russell

------