Hi,

My msi uses custom action from C# custom action project.

As you know, as C# custom action project will generate mycustom.dll and
mycustom.CA.dll. The former is managed and the later is unmanaged.

In my project, all binaries (including mycustom.dll and mycustom.CA.dll) are
signed and the msi is not.

When I installed the msi, it threw below exception:

Error: could not load custom action class My.CustomActions from assembly:
My.CustomAction
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'My.CustomAction,
Version=1.0.82.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bb5956ad364e35' or one of
its dependencies. Strong name validation failed. (Exception from HRESULT:
0x8013141A)
File name: 'My.CustomAction, Version=1.0.82.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bb5956ad364e35' ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Strong
name validation failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013141A)
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
MyComputer
   at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase,
Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark,
Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef,
Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence
assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.AppDomain.Load(String assemblyString)
   at
Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.CustomActionProxy.GetCustomActionMethod(Session
 session, String assemblyName, String className, String methodName)

How can I make my msi work? Should I disable strong name sign for mycustom.dll
and mycustom.CA.dll?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Lian