Hi there,
I made an App_v1.msi which was buillt with WiX 3.0.4721. I didn't take a
higher version later because with 3.0.4805 I had problems when I create a
patch with pyro. And with release 3.0.5419 heat.exe doesn't work anymore
like it used to work.
However, let's assume that I didn't have those problems with later versions
and I want to build the msi-package which would be App_v2.msi with the
latest weekly release (e.g. 3.5.0724). The thing is that I still need the
older version (WiX 3.0.4721) since I have to build QFE's and SP's.

At the moment I build it all with msbuild which is very comfortable, and I
want to leave the executing of  candle and light to msbuild since I have
quite a lot of wxs-files.

So I'd like to have it like that:
C:\WiX 3.0.4721
C:\WiX 3.5.0724

Then I'd write a batch-file with which I change the WixTools-Path which is
defined as a property within the project-file of the solution. The problem
is that the WixTasks.dll is defined in the registry and this is where I got
stuck.
Of course I could change the path to the WixTasks.dll in the registry as
well, but isn't there a simpler solution? I also don't know if the key to
this registry entry stays the same since it looks like a GUID.

Any suggestions how I can do this?

Thank's,
Chris