On Vista SP2, I installed my application, which runs elevated
thanks to its manifest, using a simple MSI I made with WiX 3. But
when I want to uninstall, UAC becomes a problem.

. If I manually run the MSI elevated and click Remove, it detects
that my application is still running, displays its full file
description (not just the process name), and is able to close the
application. No problems.

. If I use "Uninstall or change a program" (Add/Remove Programs),
it detects that my application is still running, displays only the
process name, and fails to close the application. This is probably
due to process privileges and user interface privilege isolation
(UIPI). This happens AFTER the uninstaller requests elevation.

. If I manually run the MSI without elevation and click Remove, it
tells me: "The setup must update files or services that cannot be
updated while the system is running. If you choose to continue, a
reboot will be required to complete the setup." This happens before
it requests elevation. It does not close the application after
elevation.

If it matters, the application does not always show a main window,
it just has a hidden window for system tray icon notification
messages. The WiX .wxs file I used to make the MSI has
InstallPrivileges="elevated" and InstallScope="perMachine" for the
Package.

I want uninstallation to always be able to close my application.
Any suggestions?

/a