Hi Sam

Have a look at these:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/471424/wix-tricks-and-best-practices
http://www.brianpeek.com/blog/archive/2007/11/13/x64-development-with-net.aspx
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/516730/visual-studio-any-cpu-target

There are some good approaches that I've used for Wix and x86/x64 in the
first link.

Assuming all your projects are AnyCPU (and there is no special reason why
you need x64 explicitly) then they will run in the correct architecture on
the installing machine irresepctive of whether its an x86 or x64 Wix
project. As AnyCPU determines this (see other two links).

Just use the VS Configuration Manager to set AnyCPU for your non-wix
projects that are in your solution that make up your MSI components for the
different configurations. You still use x86/x64 for Wix but you set AnyCPU
for any non-wix project in the VS config manager. You also need to create a
global include file and set your Package/@Platform attribute in your product
file. Doing it this way means you can then avoid all the Win64= attributes
too.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Include>
  <?define Product_Version = "1.0.$WCREV$.0" ?>

  <?if $(var.Platform) = x86 ?>
  <?define Product_Name = "Foo v1.0.$WCREV$.0 (32bit)"?>
  <?define PlatformProgramFilesFolder = "ProgramFilesFolder" ?>
  <?else?>
  <?define Product_Name = "Foo v1.0.$WCREV$.0 (64bit)"?>
  <?define PlatformProgramFilesFolder = "ProgramFiles64Folder" ?>
  <?endif?>

</Include>

---

<Product Id="TODO" Name="!(loc.Product_Name)" Language="1033"
           Version="$(var.Product_Version)" Manufacturer="Foobar"
           UpgradeCode="TODO">

    <Package InstallerVersion="200" Compressed="yes"
Platform="$(var.Platform)"
             InstallPrivileges="elevated" InstallScope="perMachine"
             Manufacturer="Foobar"
             />

    <Media Id="1" Cabinet="media1.cab" EmbedCab="yes" />

    <Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">
      <Directory Id="$(var.PlatformProgramFilesFolder)">

Cheers
Richard